SPRING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Troy/Maryville/St. Jacob/Marine Chamber of Commerce
If you are a college student seeking an internship or maybe you know a college student who is seeking a fall internship, you might want to mention the Troy/Maryville/St. Jacob/Marine Chamber of Commerce internship opportunity. The Chamber has hosted over 220 college interns in the last 20 years! So many have used their experience at the Chamber to move on to wonderful careers.
College students are encouraged to apply if they are studying:
• Graphic Design
• Digital Marketing
• Mass Communication
• Office Administration
Although the internship is unpaid, we think the student will agree that the opportunities outweigh the pay.
Some businesses and past interns will tell you that our standards as an employer are high. We could set the standards at mediocre but what good would that do for the student! Plus, our Chamber members deserve the best as “we strive to be the best Chamber of Commerce in the Universe”.
Let’s define high standards:
- Come to work every day that they are scheduled
- Arrive to work fifteen minutes before they are scheduled so they have time to prep for their day (sometimes that means hair or sometimes that means their final cell phone text)
- Bring a team attitude and be willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Abide by current Chamber policies such as dress code, confidentiality, drug testing, etc.
- Understand that the Chamber is a non-profit organization who hosts a whole lot of events, so you might be putting signs out in the rain, posting on social media, attending a networking event, answering five calls and taking out the trash -- all in their first two hours
- Be able to put away their cell phone during your work hours
Some great things about being a Chamber intern:
- Ability to network with local businesses
- Having a flexible schedule that works with your college (and other employer) schedule
- Opportunity to job shadow with businesses who are in your field of study
- Working in an office environment and developing office skills
- Food – we eat ALL of the time!!!!
College students – come join a great team. Click on the link below to apply today!