POSITION SUMMARY: With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Fleet Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance Technician A performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components; refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic, and electrical systems; air brake systems; general engine work; HVAC components; and suspension, drive train and steering systems. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day.
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery.
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment.
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry.
- Be recognized for exceptional performance.
- Serve your community and your customers.
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth.
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits.
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment, and your world.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of, and strong skill proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on-site and on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems; Air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning systems.
- Line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy-duty trucks.
- Ability to perform inspections and repairs without supervision in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or automotive systems: Suspensions & Steering, General Engine, Transmissions, Brakes, Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive Train, Diesel Emissions.
- ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
- LNG and/or CNG experience is a plus but not required.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).