Wisper Internet is expanding. With offices located in Illinois and Missouri, we are a leading wireless high-speed internet provider in the Midwest. We provide reliable service, focusing on rural and outlying communities.
We believe in building leaders within all levels of our company. To hire and retain employees who exemplify our Core Values, Wisper offers competitive salaries, generous health insurance options, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan (up to 4% company match), paid holidays, PTO, long- & short-term disability insurance, life insurance, and more! Are you a humbly confident professional driven to solution? Would you like to take your career to the next level with a growing company in the essential internet services industry? If so, please read on!
Wisper Internet is seeking a full time non-exempt Tower Manager to join our Field Operations Department. In this role, the primary responsibility will be to lead a team of Tower Technicians who are responsible for the installation, maintenance and decommission of wireless internet equipment on elevated structures within our network to ensure the best service possible for our customers. This role is pivotal in the leadership of the local Wisper Tower maintenance crew.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Manage Tower Crew schedules:
- Notify customers of planned maintenance
- Coordinate & execute special projects in cooperation with the Networking department
- Work with other departments to determine locations for new tower deployments
- Collaborate with other departments to identify network areas in need of maintenance
- Maximize efficiency of daily routes
- Prioritize departmental needs for equipment, training & workload within budget
- Promote a safe working environment ensuring strict adherence to all safety protocols
- Work closely with HR for hiring, training, and performance management
- Responsible for coaching/employee development
- Perform managerial tasks including leading department meetings, approving time off, customer follow-ups, etc.
- Ensure that all training manuals, policies & procedures are up to date & perform ongoing training
- Maintain open communication with field personnel & respond or convey needs & concerns to appropriate office personnel
- Forecast a construction timeline for large projects & track/report progress throughout the build cycle
- Other related duties as directed
Hours: M-F business hours, on-call, evenings & weekends as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years Tower Climbing experience
- Must successfully complete required tower training within 90 days of hire
- Obtain & maintain training certifications per industry standards
- Ability to climb towers up to 750 ft.
- Current valid Driver's License
- Ability to be added to Company auto insurance policy
- Legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
- Must pass a background check, MVR & drug screen
Desired Skills & Competencies
- 2+ yrs demonstrated experience with scheduling
- 2 + yrs Telecom/ISP experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite Software
- Experience with budget monitoring, controlling resources & spending money
- Document & record information in written form
- Passion for leadership; previous leadership experience a plus
- Knowledge of cell site design, foundation design, grounding, fencing & tower erection
- Willingness to solve problems related to managing projects
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize safety, quality, & service reliability
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email & message systems
- Demonstrate personal accountability; punctual for appointments & meetings
- Regular & predictable attendance
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Fast-paced environment with multiple changes to schedules & fluctuating priorities
- Work is performed primarily outdoors & in all weather conditions and at tower-level heights and in small spaces
Light- Lifting 0-10 lbs, Moderate- lifting 0-25 lbs, Heavy- lifting 25+ lbs
Go to https://wisperisp.com/careers/ to apply.