Wisper ISP is a leading wireless Internet provider with offices located in Illinois and Missouri. At Wisper we believe in building leaders within all levels of our company. Wisper is growing at a rapid pace.
We are looking for employees who exemplify our core values. If you love doing all you can for the customer, want to grow by collaborating with your co-workers, don't stop until you have found that perfect solution, love learning and are just an all-around great person, we want you on our team!
We are seeking a full-time exempt Network Operations Center Manager to lead our NOC team at our Mascoutah location.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the team of Network Administrators who are responsible for 24/7 monitoring of the network, 24/7 troubleshooting and resolving network and access point issues, new network configurations, new network equipment configurations, RMA of faulty/damaged equipment, assisting the Customer Advocacy group with network related escalations, and dispatching technicians to tower sites to replace equipment as needed.
Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Management of NOC employees
- Weekly scheduling of employees for network coverage
- Build and track yearly operating expense budget
- Present to the company key operational metrics
- Working with peers to identify issues within the network
- Must be a "Voice" of Wisper for the NOC department
- Comply with the Wisper Core Values & ensure department adheres to company policy & procedures
- Work with other departments to ensure the NOC team is adhering to improving processes
- Work closely with HR for hiring, training, scheduling, & performance management
- Perform managerial tasks including leading department meetings, approving time off, internal team follow-ups, etc.
- Work to ensure that all training manuals, policies, and procedures are up to date and perform ongoing team training
- Quickly diagnose, prioritize, and troubleshoot internal/external issues
- Other related duties as directed
Requirements for Position
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of operational support of an ISP, data center, or enterprise network
- 1-3 years experience in ticket escalation & change management
- 1-3 years experience scheduling employees with an on-call rotation
- Demonstrated desire & passion for leadership
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, high change environment
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email, & message systems
- Must demonstrate personal accountability; be punctual for appointments & meetings
- Regular & predictable attendance required
- Legally authorized to work in the country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Prioritize customer satisfaction with a focus on delivering sustained high service levels
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Above-average organizational skills
- Previous leadership experience involving team building, mentoring, coaching
- Experience with budgeting & projections
- Works well under pressure alongside different departments
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- GPON experience &/or ISP experience
- Wireless certifications
- CCNA, CCNP certifications
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Fast-paced, environment with multiple changes to schedules & fluctuating priorities.
- Work is primarily performed indoors, at a desk
- Must pass a background check & drug screen
Physical Requirements: Light-Lifting 0-10 lbs, X-Moderate-Lifting 0-25 lbs, Heavy-Lifting 25+ lbs
DISCLAIMER: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer for any employee or applicant, irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic. All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. We are a drug-free work environment. Employment with the Company is contingent on the successful completion of a drug test, reference check, and MVR check (when applicable). DISCLAIMER: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that different tasks be performed as assigned.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.