Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a full-time Resident Care Manager at our Troy community.
As a Resident Care Manager, you will have to opportunity to connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! You will be responsible for the success and coordination of the community care staff and resident experience. As a Resident Care Manager, you will work with the Director of Wellness to ensure excellence in resident care and programming, provide outreach and support to families, coordinate schedules for care staff and facilitate ongoing training, and educational opportunities for care staff and families.
As a Resident Care Manager, working with the Director of Wellness, you will impact the lives of our residents by –
- Assume responsibility, under the direction of the Director of Wellness and Executive Director, for the development and facilitation of resident-centered programming to meet the assessed needs, interests, and capabilities of the residents
- Evaluate each resident’s needs upon admission and prepare individual resident’s plan of care
- Assist in the coordination of, and participate in, resident orientation and identification of potential changes or concerns within the care plan of each resident
- Provide leadership & education to care staff, volunteers & families in relation to the resident’s plan of care
- Provide hands on care, as needed, and create an atmosphere of warmth, comfort, security, and joyfulness for the residents
- Ensure excellent resident care within all care levels in the community
- Conducts and/or participates in the interview process with care staff and implements new hire orientation and training for care staff
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees, and others as needed.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as Manager on Duty, when necessary.
To become a Resident Care Manager, you will need –
- Associates Degree and 2+ years of experience, preferred OR 4+ years’ experience in a senior care community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience in staffing, leading, developing, and retaining a strong resident care team
- Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Medication Technician preferred but not required.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office and electronic health records (EHR) systems (Caremerge preferred).
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that –
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means you’re devoted to doing The Friend’s Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
- Cedarhurst offers wages on-demand which allows you to access your earned wages before your payday.
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Salary Range: $19
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.