TWM is seeking an experienced Survey Crew Chief to support our industry-leading Geospatial Department. We’re looking for driven individuals interested in learning and using the latest technology to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Experience Level: 5-10 years preferred
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Read/comprehend plans.
- Use robotic total stations and GPS equipment.
- Perform various survey-related tasks (e.g. ALTA, boundary, topographic surveys, and construction layout).
- Work outdoors in all weather and often as a 1-person crew.
- Minimum of 3 years of land surveying experience, but prefer 5-10 years of field crew chief or field/office combined surveying experience.
- High school diploma required. Associate of Science degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- Strong competency in math.
- Land Surveyor-in-Training or Professional Land Surveyor license is a plus.
- Proficiency in Trimble equipment and Trimble Access is a plus.
- FAA Part 107 license and UAV experience is a plus.
- High-definition Laser Scanning experience is a plus.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Willingness to work hard and efficiently.
- Attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to pass drug/alcohol test and background check is required.
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance-based bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, and more.
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Download the application. Choose the appropriate application below, save it, and complete it.
- Write a cover letter. Explain how your knowledge, skills and abilities will serve TWM.
- Prepare a resume. If you prefer, but not in lieu of the application.
- Obtain a college transcript, if applicable. Especially important if you have less than 2 years of experience. It can be unofficial at this stage.
- E-mail or mail your complete package to us. If e-mailing, please send all files in Word or PDF format.
– or –
Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen
4940 Old Collinsville Road
Swansea, IL 62226
- Submit our EEO/AA Forms under separate cover to help us fulfill our EEO/AA obligations.
- Use the application for Geospatial Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Swansea Crew Chief” in the subject of your email.
- If applicable, an unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Surveying, and other Geospatial services. Named a Top Workplace, TWM prides itself on its culture. We are large enough to handle unique and challenging projects, but small enough to maintain a personal, family-oriented atmosphere where our team members are more than just a number. They are talented individuals who are passionate about their work and about providing clients with Exceptional Service. Nothing Less.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.