Ameren Illinois is seeking a Lineman Journeyman for the Maryville, IL area.
Ameren Illinois is a regulated electric and gas delivery company based in Collinsville, Illinois. Our service territory spans 43,700 square miles, or about three-quarters of the state. Every day, we deliver electricity to 1.2 million electric and 812,000 natural gas customers in more than 1,200 communities in central and southern Illinois.
Under direct but not constant supervision, to do a full range of overhead line construction and maintenance work on the electrical transmission, sub-transmission, distribution, or service systems; to do such work on lines either dead or energized and at all voltages; and to perform similar and less skilled work as required.
- For consideration to this position, candidates MUST have successfully completed A.L.B.A.T. (American Line Builders Apprentice Training) or an equivalent lineman training program.
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- As a condition of acceptance on this job, candidates who are otherwise qualified will be required to take and pass the appropriate State/Federal driver's licensing requirements, medical testing and drug screening and the Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) test [Note: See "Employment Testing" section on www.ameren.com under the "Careers" section].
- This position is covered by the IBEW bargaining agreement.
- This position requires a 25 mile residency requirement
We offer excellent compensation and competitive benefits including:
- Medical Insurance (company supplemented)
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Educational Assistance Program
- Stock Purchase Program
*Some Benefits may vary based on Union Contracts or departments.
We're focused on providing safe, reliable electricity and natural gas today, while developing even better ways to do that in the future. That's our focus - now, and for life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.