Wisper ISP is a leading wireless internet service provider offering services in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas & Missouri. At Wisper we believe in building leaders within all levels of our company. Wisper is growing at a rapid pace and we are looking for employees who exemplify our core values. If you love doing all you can for the customer, want to grow by collaborating with your coworkers, you don't stop until you have found the perfect solution, love learning & are just an all around great person, we want you on our team!
We are seeking a full-time non-exempt Construction Laborer to join our Civil Construction team. We are looking for a skilled crew member who will be responsible for installing communications equipment on the ground within a tower setting while ensuring safety & quality of work. This position offers the opportunity to grow within our Civil Construction team and beyond.
Travel: 75% within our Midwest network- home weekends
$14- $16/hour w/ full benefits: health, vision, dental, life, 401k, boot allowance, PTO, holidays, & more!
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Familiar with various types of hand tools & construction machinery
- Assist equipment operator in all aspects
- Handle materials & stage job sites
- Keep tools & equipment maintained & in working order
- Hand dig with shovels, picks & rock bars as needed
- Splice & lay conduit in trenches
- Pothole utilities
- Restore all excavation areas as dictated by the scope of work
- Assist all members of the crew as instructed by the foreman
- Maintain safe, orderly & organized work sites at all times
- Assist foreman with administrative duties as needed
- Understand & implement all safety & traffic control procedures as required
- Other duties as directed
Requirements for Position
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current valid Driver's License
- 1+ year demonstrated experience in Telecom OSP or related industry
- Must be able to travel away from home for up to 1 work week at a time- up to 75% travel per year
- Must be able to drive a truck with a trailer
- Ability to be added to Company auto-insurance policy
- Regular & predictable attendance required
- Legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
- Must pass a background check, MVR & drug screen
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Willing to consistently learn about new processes, technology, & equipment within the industry
- Effectively communicate via voice, email & text as needed
- Must be able to learn to read & interpret site plans, construction drawings & scopes of work
- Exercise initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization
- Ability to understand & follow directions in a construction environment
- Work in a safe manner in every aspect of the job
- High energy, with a strong 'can do' attitude
- Willingness to think 'outside the box' on site locations
- Must demonstrate personal accountability; be punctual & prepared for work at all times
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Fast-paced environment with multiple changes to schedules & fluctuating priorities
- Work is performed primarily outdoors & in all weather conditions & may be in tight spaces at times
- Work will be performed in close proximity to equipment & machinery
Physical Requirements: Light: Lifting 0-10 lbs. Moderate: Lifting 0-25 lbs. X-Heavy: Lifting 25+ lbs.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship on the company may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this job, as long as that would not hinder or prevent performance of duties, or be a safety concern.