Ready for a new career? Let us help you develop the skills you need for a successful career in the credit union industry
Credit unions are not-for-profit organizations that exist to serve their members. Like banks, credit unions accept deposits, make loans and provide a wide array of other financial services. But as member-owned and cooperative institutions, any profits made by credit unions are returned back to members in the form of reduced fees, higher savings rates and lower loan rates.
At GCS Credit Union, we live by the credit union philosophy of “people helping people" and believe that you, as an employee of GCS, have the power to change lives. We will give you the knowledge and skills you need to help our members make wise financial decisions. All you need is a willingness to learn and a desire to help others.
As a full time employee of the credit union, you are eligible for medical insurance; 100% credit union paid dental and vision insurance; long term and short term disability insurance at no cost to you; free life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; and a generous match on the 401(k) plan.
Starting rate of pay is $15.00/hour.
To assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments, open end loan advances and cashing checks; sells teller checks and vehicle license stickers; processes Visa payments and advances; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed. Balances cash drawer daily to include cash, checks processed, checks disbursed and voucher debits and credits.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Cross sells Credit Union services when appropriate through interaction with members .
- Fulfill your responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act including, but not limited to, gathering required information for CTR reporting and monitoring for and reporting suspicious activity
- Trains and mentors new employees.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone and other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Six months of cash handling experience and a high school degree or GED
- Ten key calculator, keyboarding and basic computer skills
- Must be good with remembering details
- Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job.
You are NOT required to be vaccinated in order to work at GCS Credit Union.
GCS Credit Union follows the CDC guidelines for masks. At this time, masks are not required but are optional.
Click here to Apply