Thank you for your interest in joining our team! FCB Banks is looking for talented, hardworking, energetic professionals to join our growing team in both customer facing and customer support positions. We are a locally owned community bank offering a broad range of products and services delivered with great customer service. FCB offers excellent working conditions, competitive compensation and benefit packages, apply today.
A Personal Banker is responsible for handling customer transactions in a professional manner while providing prompt and accurate service. A Personal Banker cross sells bank products and services. A successful Personal Banker is courteous, efficient, friendly and helpful.
Location: Maryville, 401 S Illinois St.
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Monday - Friday 7:45 am - 6:00 pm; Saturdays on rotation 7:45 am - 1:00 pm
- Complies with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Represents the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers and potential customers.
- Greets the customer in a courteous manner, providing prompt and efficient service.
- Answers customer inquiries and refers customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Performs as a team member in allocating and coordinating work flow.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Accepts retail and/or commercial deposits and loan payments.
- Cashes checks and performs savings withdrawals upon verification of signature and account balance.
- Verifies checks and other items for endorsement and negotiability.
- Records and processes night deposits, bank by mail transactions and change orders.
- Processes credit card cash advances.
- Maintains an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary.
- Balances cash drawer in accordance with bank procedures and regulations, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Handles a variety of miscellaneous products and services, including cashier’s checks, money orders, savings bond redemption, collection items, utility payments and check cashing service.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Completes large currency transaction reports, monetary transaction logs and suspicious transaction reports.
- Assists customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
- Promotes the bank’s products and services and refers customers to the appropriate area that can respond to customer’s needs.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Maintains a clean, organized work area and contributes to the overall cleanliness of the bank.
- May perform one or more of the following:
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Reconcile and service the Automated Teller Machines
- Process general ledger entries
- Balance and reconcile vault
- Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying and distributing cash
- Assist other Personal Bankers with teller and supervisor overrides
- Sign and approve cashier’s checks
- Place Holds on checks and communicate with difficult customers
- Take inventory of and order supplies
- Travel to offsite trainings as necessary
- Open and/or close the bank
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Working knowledge of:
- Teller operations and procedures, including regulatory compliance
- Office equipment such as copier, fax machine and calculator
- 10-Key calculator
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 1-3 years customer service experience
- 1+ years cash handling experience
- 1+ years sales experience