Edwardsville, IL Headquarters; However, work location may change according to SCU staffing needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED plus one year of work experience in a real estate or mortgage environment.
Basic office skills, filing computer knowledge, accounting skills, spreadsheet design using Microsoft Excel are also required.
To perform all duties necessary to balance the mortgage servicing and accounting system, service all mortgage loans in compliance with all applicable regulations and internal policies and provide information to members who call inquiring about new loans. The incumbent accomplishes the job objectives as follows:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following and other duties as assigned:
- Balance Mortgage Department totals on Symitar
- Research all mortgage payment errors and make corrections. When necessary, notify member of adjustments.
- Post all new HELOC’s to Symitar on the disbursement date.
- Disburse loan proceeds on all second mortgage loans and HELOCs closed in-house, sending payments to creditors for all debts required to be paid off at loan closing.
- Set up automatic transfers from internal accounts to mortgage payments and set up ACH transfers (external accounts to mortgage payments)
- Respond to member inquiries regarding 1098 information
- Mail mortgages, subordination agreements and mortgage releases to appropriate county
- Prepare mortgage payoff statements from Symitar
- Post mortgage loan payoffs to Symitar
- Answer department phone calls and respond to member inquiries, passing the phone call to the appropriate person when necessary
- Assist department personnel by making copies, mailing loan packages and other tasks as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the aforementioned mortgage loan support services, and any other duties assigned, the loan servicer will also handle phone inquiries concerning interest rates, loan terms and general servicing questions.
Accuracy in documentation and following established policies, practices, and procedures. Ability to service mortgage loans in a timely manner and meet appropriate deadlines.
Responsible to keep the following confidential as it pertains to SCU, member and employee information and is defined as the following:
- Financial record information, which includes but is not limited to the information contained in a document granting signature authority over an account, a statement, ledger card or other record on any account which shows each transaction in or with respect to that account, a check, draft or money order drawn on a financial institution or other entity or issued and payable by or through a financial institution or other entity or other item containing information pertaining to any relationship established in the ordinary course of business between SCU and its members;
- SCU business information, such as member lists, pricing, purchasing activity, business strategies or techniques, operational data, marketing materials and methods used to develop and maintain member relations.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full Time Position - Monday through Friday. Saturdays as scheduled. Varied hours and schedule depending on operational needs. Overtime and evening hours as needed.