Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for a Mortgage Loan Closer to join their team. The Mortgage Loan Closer is responsible for providing support for all mortgage loan closing activities. Prepares closing documentation and disburses loan proceeds in accordance with lending requirements and all applicable laws and regulations. Responsible for preparing, organizing and delivering accurate and complete mortgage loan packages for both in-house loan servicing and secondary market correspondents. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares closing instructions and delivers to settlement agent.
- Prepares mortgage payoff letters on loans and requests payoff statements from other lenders to facilitate loan closings.
- Coordinates loan closings with member, branch, title company and others as may be required.
- Ensures compliance with final underwriting and appraisal conditions.
- Review preliminary closing documentation to ensure the interest of the credit union and the member are protected in all transactions.
- Prepares and ensures delivery of closing documentation and loan proceeds to credit union branch or title insurance company as may be required.
- Set up closed loan file making sure all documentation is in correct order.
- Checks mortgage loan documents for accuracy and completeness according to investor requirements. Assists investors and mortgage personnel in coordinating activities to guarantee the loan is purchased within appropriate time period.
- Responsible for timely shipping of loan to investor.
- Delivers follow up documentation to investor and closes file when complete.
- Handles miscellaneous member service issues as needed.
- Analyzes potential lending opportunities involved in each lending situation to further assist the borrower as well as increase client’s lending portfolio.
- Cross sells borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services.
Location: Edwardsville, IL
Position type: Full Time
Pay: Up to $20/hr, BOE
- High School Diploma or GED,
- Two years’ experience in mortgage loan processing or closing,
Working knowledge of personal computers and lending systems.
- Basic Math including all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Benefits Available to Express Associates:
- Holiday Pay (6 Days observed)
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan