Location: Waterloo, IL
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager, this self-motivated individual will consistently execute SCU’s member engagement model to educate new and existing SCU members on the products and services offered by SCU. Maintains a deep knowledge of SCU’s products and services and displays the ability to determine how these services can enhance and broaden a member’s financial picture. Acts as the face of SCU in every interaction, phone call and public engagement, consistently showcases SCU’s core values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Responsible for identifying, educating, presenting and cross selling SCU products and services to new and existing members in accordance with SCU’s member engagement model.
• Responsible for meeting individual sales and operational goals as well as assisting the branch team in achieving branch goals.
• Recognize cross sale opportunities through needs based financial conversations, referring members to mortgage, business lending/services and investments.
• Ensures consistent delivery of SCU’s member engagement model leveraging technology including tablets, enhanced ATM’s and other digital service channels available to SCU members.
• Maintain cross functional capabilities. Process financial transitions for members including opening and closing of accounts. Input, review, negotiate and close member loan application requests. Process deposits and withdrawals from accounts. Efficient in all teller duties as needed.
• Performs one or more of the following services for members, in person, by telephone or by mail:
-- Processes deposits to share, share draft, and other savings accounts.
-- Disburses cash or check withdrawals.
-- Provides money orders and cash advances.
-- Receives loan payments and service charge payments for services.
-- Process transfers between accounts as required.
-- Processes automatic distribution forms, recording allotments according to member's request.
• Daily opens and closes his/her teller terminal, account for cash assigned, received, disbursed. Accurately balances to teller terminal close report and remits daily work to appropriate supervisor for disposition.
• Perform required OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) screens as outlined in the Non-Member Verafin Processing policy and reports any positive matches to the BSA Group. Complies with BSA requirements of completing CTR and SAR.
• Responds to routine member inquiry regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding or reducing service features on various accounts, and assisting members.
• Work might be performed on the teller platform, at the Drive-Up windows or in the lobby.
• Fosters and maintains relationships with members. Responsible for providing prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service. Investigates member concerns, researches and recommends a resolution. Ensures we are meeting expectations with member service satisfaction results.
• Assist others to complete tasks and work assignments.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has supervisory responsibilities including, providing overrides for teller transactions, up to their limit, for representatives without override capabilities and being responsible for teller and vault audits during an out of balance situation or during monthly surprise audits as assigned by the Branch Manager.
Must have in-depth knowledge of all credit union services, operational policies and procedures, and is able to demonstrate these on a consistent basis. Displays professional behavior and appearance; displays confidence in all public interactions and settings.
Responsible to keep the following confidential as it pertains to SCU, member and employee information and is defined as the following:
• Financial record information, which includes but is not limited to the information contained in a document granting signature authority over an account, a statement, ledger card or other record on any account which shows each transaction in or with respect to that account, a check, draft or money order drawn on a financial institution or other entity or issued and payable by or through a financial institution or other entity or other item containing information pertaining to any relationship established in the ordinary course of business between SCU and its members;
• SCU business information, such as member lists, pricing, purchasing activity, business strategies or techniques, operational data, marketing materials and methods used to develop and maintain member relations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent;
Minimum two years of customer service experience.
Personal computer experience to include Microsoft Office products
PREFERRED EDUATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
One year of experience with a financial institution.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulatory instructions, policy manuals, task documentation, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and in writing so other will understand. The ability to listen to and understand information, ideas, and questions presented through spoken words and sentences.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret bar graphs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Notary Public license within six months of hire date.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Ability to utilize personal computer, tablet, mobile device, enhanced ATM’s, and other digital service channels. Ability to understand and utilize credit union software programs and interpret credit union terminology, policies and procedures.
Ability to operate office equipment such as scanner, copier/printer, personal computer, and other machines generally found in a contemporary office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental demands necessary to perform this job include the need to occasionally use persuasiveness; to frequently use problem solving, creativity and concentration; and to continuously be alert, precise and resourceful.
Ability to manage time and prioritization of tasks effectively to ensure that the Credit Union is functioning in the most efficient manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.