East Belleville, IL ; However, work location may change according to SCU staffing needs.
High school diploma or equivalent;
Minimum one-year customer service experience.
Personal computer experience to include Microsoft Office products.
Supervises, coordinates, and schedules activities of employees engaged in teller functions, ensuring that work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures such as: accurately accounting for funds received and disbursed, correctly recording member transactions in the credit union's data processing system, and providing information to members with respect to their financial and other transactions at the credit union. Assumes full responsibility for the operation of the teller line during any absence of the Head Teller. Branch assignments and reassignments may be necessary as business needs dictate. This self-motivated individual will consistently execute SCU’s member engagement model to educate new and existing SCU members on the products and services offered by SCU.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Develops schedules and ensures assistance to tellers is available at all times to provide an adequate level of teller service to members.
• Performs cashiering and other clerical duties, when required, to assist subordinates during peak work periods.
• Searches records to assist subordinates in locating and reconciling posting errors on members accounts to verify accuracy of transactions.
• Daily, ensures all teller transactions (cash, checks, other forms of funds) and ATM machines are balanced, reconciled, encoded, and appropriate clearing deposits made to the Federal Reserve.
• Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Performs required OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) screens as outlined in the Non-Member Verafin Processing policy and reports any positive matches to the BSA Group. Complies with BSA requirements of completing CTR and SAR.
• Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
• Maintains a positive work environment and encourage teamwork.
• Cross Sells SCU Products and Services
• Responsible for providing prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service.
• Investigates member concerns, researches and finalizes a resolution. Ensures subordinates are meeting expectations with member service satisfaction results.
• Orders cash and ensures Teller cash drawer levels are in conformance with bonding limits. Supplies cash as needed, and removes cash to vault treasury to reduce drawer limits when appropriate. Reviews cash usage to ensure cash levels are appropriate to accommodate the needs of the member.
• Trains tellers in policy and procedures, including hold-up and robbery, regulatory compliance (i.e. Regulation CC) and credit union philosophy.
• Trains tellers on SCU Products and Services and acts as a mentor and coach to assist tellers with meeting cross sales goals
• Coordinates deposit, lending and member services functions in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by Scott Credit Union and federal regulations. Educate members on credit union products and services that will enhance their financial position.
• Coach, lead and motivate branch employees: promote participation in cross sales of products and services: provide training where applicable. This includes referring members to mortgage, business lending and Retirement and Investment Services. Meets with employees regularly on an individual and group basis to establish and reinforce sales/service goals.
• Responsible for all or part of the duties and responsibilities involved in scheduling and staffing, assignment of duties and priorities of completion in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by credit union and directly assigned to the Branch Manager.
• Works directly with members, external persons and representatives of associated industries (i.e., SEG's) to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
• Promotes and recognizes cross sale of products and services: provide training where applicable. This includes referring members to mortgage, business lending and Retirement and Investment Services. Responsible for meeting individual sales goals as well as assisting the Branch Manager in achieving branch goals.
• Perform required OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) screens as outlined in the Non-Member Verafin Processing policy and reports any positive matches to the BSA Group. Complies with BSA requirements of completing CTR and SAR.
• Represent Scott Credit Union in community activities and organizations.
• Directs the preparation of branch reports. Ensures branch reports and task are completed with accuracy and meets deadlines. Reviews and research errors and ensure accountability of those involved as well as recognizing training and coaching opportunities
• Performs such other duties as may be delegated by the Branch Manager including temporary assignments to other branch offices.
• Responsible for providing prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service Investigates member concerns, researches and finalizes a resolution. Ensure we are meeting expectations with member service satisfaction results.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full Time – Monday through Saturday
Saturday Rotation as Scheduled.
Varied hours and schedule depending on operational needs.