GREAT RIVERS & ROUTES TOURISM BUREAU PRESIDENT & CEO JOB DESCRIPTION
The Great Rivers & Routes Tourism Bureau (GRRTB), is a nonprofit destination marketing and management organization that serves the Illinois counties of Madison, Macoupin, Jersey, Calhoun, Greene, and Montgomery counties. The Bureau is governed by a 21-member Board of Directors composed of community leaders and hospitality/tourism stakeholders.
REPORTS TO Board Chairman/Board of Directors
RESPONSIBILITIES The President & CEO is responsible for day-to-day management of all Bureau business operations and activities. The President is accountable to the Chair of the Board of Directors and is responsible for adherence to and execution of policies and plans approved by the Board of Directors. Currently reporting to the President are the Director of Operations & Finance, Director of Marketing and Communications, and the Sales Manager. The President’s position is multi-faceted and exists in a dynamic environment, but the overarching responsibility is to be a tireless promoter of the Great Rivers & Routes region, to constantly improve the region’s image as a premier destination for domestic visitors for meetings, sports and leisure travel.
President & CEO responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
• Provide vision, inspiration, leadership, and management to ensure that Bureau goals and objectives are successfully achieved.
• Develop annual budgets with understanding of income projection, grant administration, expense reporting and audits. Recommend budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines, according to current laws and regulations.
• Oversee grant writing, planning and implementation for those non-profit programs requiring funding assistance, including identifying resource requirements, researching grant sources, establishing strategies to approach grant providers, submitting proposals, and overseeing grant administration and documentation where appropriate.
• Formulate and execute major policies, programs, and objectives to promote and ensure the continuing success and growth of the Bureau.
• Execute the strategic and tactical operational growth plans for the Bureau, with particular emphasis on continued expansion into new products and markets.
• Translate organizational vision into measurable action plans. Fully communicate and articulate the Bureau’s vision to persons both inside and outside the organization.
KEY SKILL SET
• A proven leader who knows how to plan, organize, direct, and control the activities of a destination marketing organization.
• High degree of interpersonal acumen, including tact, patience, diplomacy, sensitivity, and the people skills necessary to work well with the broad group of constituents with whom GRRTB and this position interacts, and a personality that enjoys extensive interaction with people. Must be a strong consensus builder, establishing a positive rapport with a broad spectrum of community leaders, civic officials, industry management, media, and state agency personnel.
• Proven experience in creating strategic plans, marketing plans, and development of goal-oriented programs.
• Ability to supervise staff, volunteers, and vendors providing clear instruction.
• Foster an achievement-oriented organizational culture based on continuous learning principles where employees are motivated and rewarded for both individual and team contributions.
• Ability to promote an inclusive culture, both in the workplace and in the region, that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our partners and the communities we serve.
• Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing, management, business with a Master’s degree preferred.
• Strong background leading or directly participating in sales, marketing, promotion, and public relations activities is necessary. Minimum 5 years experience preferred.
• Prior experience leading an organization that involved reporting to a board of directors is preferred.
• Willingness to travel and accept variable work hours as needed.
• Valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
• Competitive salary and compensation package commensurate with experience.
• Serious applicants can visit our website at www.riverandroutes.com for more information about our growing region.
• To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is September 1, 2020.
Please do not contact board members or staff of GRRTB regarding this position.
Great Rivers and Routes Tourism Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer.