High School Diploma or equivalent
One to three years’ experience working in an Account Services, Collections, Call Center, or Customer Service environment
Personal computer experience to include Microsoft Office Products
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Delinquent mortgage account knowledge
Notifies or locates members with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Primary duties will be to assist in the collection and recovery of funds owed to Scott Credit Union, to see that members maintain adequate insurance coverage on the collateral, and to assist in preparing forms and reports for Board Reports and Senior Management.
• Mails form letters to members to encourage payment of delinquent and overdrawn accounts.
• Confers with member by telephone in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of repayment, security, payroll deduction, or other repayment concern.
• Notifies Account Services management if member fails to respond.
• Records information about financial status of member and status of collection efforts.
• Suggests repossession or credit privilege cessation, or turns over account to Account Services management for further action.
• Sorts and files correspondence.
• Sends initial letter and contacts member regarding return checks.
• Traces member to new address by inquiring at post office, by questioning individuals who may have information about the member’s whereabouts, and by other skip tracing processes.
• Contact members with insufficient or no insurance on the collateral to obtain required insurance coverage or to recommend repossession/exceptions to Scott Credit Union requirement.
• Receives payments and posts amount paid to members account when received from an insurance company.
• Perform as liaison between Account Services and SCU insurance company.
• Assist in preparing monthly reports for the Board and Senior Management.
• Performs such other clerical and collection activity as may be assigned from time to time.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Monday- Friday, scheduled as determined by the immediate supervisor. Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00p.m. to include occasional Saturdays as needed.
Edwardsville, IL - Collections Department. However, work location may change according to SCU staffing needs.